I sometimes find myself to be too superficial. I concentrate too much on making it "real", forgetting the fact that every word I say needs to have a certain weight. I need to find that weight, remember it, and I need to stop thinking about it.
The camera can be unforgiving. It picks up the most minute things and call you bluff. I certainly had that feeling the last time I saw myself in class. It wasn't disastrous, though. It's more like carelessness on my behalf. I say "carelessness" because I have not make the monologue my own. Where am I? Who am I talking to? What am I talking about? I need to ask myself the same questions my classmates and I would ask to our students in the classes we teach. And what's more, you never end the discovery part.
With that being said, it was truly a humbling experience. It made me understood what it takes to be truthful. It is also very helpful to see where our individual tensions hold on your face and neck and the rest of the body that is in the line of sight. Maybe Alexander technique would be a great tool to solve those problems. There's also this thing called "breathing".
Conclusion: always be better than you were yesterday. Or at least try to be that.
Onwards and upwards.
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment