I've been thinking about what to say; I keep deleting paragraphs because I'm not satisfied with it. Life can be hard for a writer.
-----
But it's also good that at least I made the mistake here, because that means I'll remember it and will never do that again in the real world.
Oh and one more thing: do your homework, but do it the right away. A.k.a. ask the right questions. Sometimes we might not know we're heading to the detour and we'll end up getting worked up in the wrong way. Be smart about how you prepare yourself.
-----
Sometimes I'm amazed by how lucky and fortunate to get to where I am today. It might sounds ridiculous to some people, but I won't have a lot of regrets if for whatever reason I can't be an actor anymore. For the past five years I have been through some tremendous moments that I will never forget, and I can even argue that at moments got to be in a place that many actors wouldn't even dare to think about in their wildest dreams. That teaches me to be humble - be humble about the experiences, be humble to the people, and never take anything for granted.
This might not sound like it is related to acting, but I'd like to share it. If I can have a motto, it would be: Be as nice as you possibly can to others. But do it more for yourself, so that at the end of the day you're comfortable with yourself and you can put away many worries. It got me far enough. But don't be nice to people and expect them to return it with a huge favor. Try not to function like that. Treat everything good that comes along to you as a surprise or as a genuine gesture from others, and keep that in mind. This is how I carry myself as a human being and as a professional.

No comments:
Post a Comment