Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Jan. 14th: 1st Day.

Oh good Jesus. It's 7 PM already. Gotta get up. Gotta write that blog entry. Up yours, jet lag. 

When you have a 14-hour time difference you need to adjust in a few days, life can be quite blurry. 

This is the day which I like to call "the beginning of the end". We are just merely months away from getting our diploma. Of course, there's also the thesis and other things you have to go through, but it's something, isn't it? Getting a degree. And a degree like this is called a "terminal degree", which means this is the farthest you can do academic wise in your own field. Whew. I sometimes want to throw my hands up and say, "Well, gee, don't look at me, man, I just got here. I don't know nothin' about this." But of course you can't behave like this in front of your undergrad class. Get yourself together, Jason.

Despite everything else, I think I love acting. I think I like doing this more than any other stuff. It doesn't necessarily means that I'm always working hard when I'm on it - I have my flaws - but it seems like there's nothing else I'd rather do. Sometimes that's enough, isn't it? To have something you really love to do and being able to do it. And I'm doing it now. What a huge blessing it is.

I like our first day. It was very warm and friendly and humane. I like to listen to people's interesting facts, I love the instructor being very approachable and friendly and honest, and I like the energy in the room. It made me felt secure. It filled me with positive thoughts. I still have to look at that NPR thing in a minute, but it's a very good start, I think. I'll put my (metaphorical) pen down for now, but before I go, here's something that I'd like to share. Listen to him speak the thing he loves.

No comments: