Okay. So. That Kevin Spacey article. Goodness. I will try not to cut and paste here.
Not that the majority of the population read or listen to NPR, but isn't it great when KS said that Richard III sort of prepped him for this show? Pay attention to theater work next time, kids. Great acting and great process starts from here. Stop eating films up like it's the greatest thing in the world. Remember there are always editing.
We'll be blessed (maybe not at the moment but likely later) when we can have a director who doesn't mind to do 100 takes. Yes man, beat the acting outta ya. Stop acting. Just react. It'd be wonderful to have a chance to do that. I think.
I love it when KS says about "excess accessories" that actors bring. It calms me because I always feel weird when other actors have a special gesture or attitude or whatever and they call it part of character. I'm not de-valuing those actors because those things can be wonderful, but I always feel odd because I don't have that, usually. I'm just thinking about using my whole self and being as truthful as I can (AGAIN, this is not saying that I know everything - I know next to nothing and the way to know SOMETHING is to get work, because it's from there that you learn). What KS says calms me.
About that David Fincher fella, I love it when he reminds me about the first moment when he talks about the first scene from The Social Network. It's what we valued on the stage and when we're doing scenes too, isn't it? We have to establish the relationship. Keep asking yourself, "What's the relationship? What's the conflict?" That gets you somewhere.
Alright. Back to work. See you fellas.

No comments:
Post a Comment