Tuesday, February 19, 2013

X Marks the Spot

I thought I can be freer but there were too much self-explanations in my improv. Stop. You don't have to explain too much, just embrace the circumstances and talk about it. I guess I didn't fully get into it because I'm too comfortable with the script, but the danger of that is I'll stop playing. Never stop playing. Perhaps, under my subconsciousness, I still want to be right. I need to get that away. I'm still afraid to do the wrong thing. I guess I'm still afraid because I don't want people to say "I thought you understand your character but you're showing him all wrong." I don't want that, and that's probably why I restrict myself a lot more than I should. Gotta be freer.

My computer's driving me nuts. I need a new one. Thank God for external drive and Google Drive. I saved my thesis and my one-man-show script there. 

I'm meeting Michael tomorrow. I don't want to think too much about it. I never like it. I don't like it when I disappoint myself. But this seems like a good start. I should have fun and have confidence. Hey, treat everything as a surprise but do them well, we'll see what happens. Otherwise, what are you going to do?

I still love doing this. Although it's a mystery and sometimes a self-contradicting thing I still love it. I can't explain it to people. I love it when I do it and see people's reaction. Yeah man, I'm telling a story. I'm using my whole self to tell a story. Isn't that super cool? Isn't that amazing? I know, I think so too. 

Keep loving it.

No comments: